I started a blog re-design this past week, but haven’t quite finished it yet. There are a lot of pages and links that aren’t up and running, but I hope that they will be soon! Please tell me – what do you think of the new layout so far?
We’ve had such a busy month and it’s only going to get busier!
We moved (a few streets away) and setting up a new house always takes a while.
We also just got a shipment of things that have been sitting in storage for the past year. I now have picture frames and knick-knacks and more furniture. Unfortunately, I’m the world’s worst picture-hanger – it almost cripples me trying to decide where to hang things.
I’ve been taking pictures for friends a few times a week – everyone I know is moving in the next couple of weeks and I’m getting some good photography practice with willing models.
My in-laws will be coming for a visit and we’re so excited to see them!
My husband will be graduating from the Sergeants Major Academy – and he’ll be taking over a battalion. His work days are about to get much longer…
Lots of things happening that are unfortunately keeping me from genealogy. I’ve had cousins contact me with leads and I haven’t had much of a chance to follow up on them yet. I WILL carve out some time for some serious in-depth research, but it probably won’t be until the dust settles in July.
Well, on to my favorite finds….
- How Should Offensive Language in Diaries Be Handled? at A Hundred Years Ago
- Day 1 at Jamboree and Are We Strangers in Genealogy Land? at Genea-Musings
- No Big Deal at Genealogy’s Star
- Swindlers Through the Ages at Family Archaeologist
- Carnival of Genealogy, 118th Edition: Reading! at Creative Gene
- Gathering More Info Before Jumping at DearMYRTLE’s Genealogy Blog
- DNA and the locks of hair at The Legal Genealogist
- A couple of blogs I’ve added to my reader this week: Tripping Over My Roots and Finding Forgotten Stories
- How Genealogy Can Be Inspired By Creativity at Up in the Tree
- Access to the War of 1812 Collection at Fold3 is free through June 3oth!!
- Why all the negative energy? at Shakin’ the Family Tree
- 1865 Dear Auntie at Nutfield Genealogy
- Memorial Day: Remembering Corporal Perry Hankins at Documenting the Details
- How to Spot a Genealogy Imposter at Greta’s Genealogy Bog
And a few pictures to share – yes, I finally got to go to a hot air balloon festival!!