I’m back! Real life has been crazy lately. My husband’s year at the Sergeants Major Academy is winding down, which means all kinds of functions, parties, and events. Since about 99% of the people I know will be moving within the next month, I see my calendar opening up considerably this summer. I also have a vacation to Washington planned in late summer and I’m bring along my Flip-Pal to scan everything I can get my hands on from any relative who is willing to share. We’ll also be making two passes through Salt Lake City, so I’m hoping that I can talk my husband into stopping there. Not sure how keen he is on waiting in the van with 5 kids on a hot summer day though. Wish me luck!
On to this week’s (ok, maybe a couple of weeks’) favorite finds ..
- Fiance Investigation League at Leaves for Trees
- My Trip to Ellis Island: Those Places Thursday at Heritage Zen
- How crazy is too crazy to make a will? at The Legal Genealogist
- An odd fellow-missing World War I and Family poses with baby on dead dog at Family Archaeologist
- The Art of the Handcarved Gravestone at Family History with the Lineagekeeper
- Just the Hint of a Smile at Marian’s Roots and Rambles
- Legacy Cruise Vacation Compendium at Genea-Musings
- Lowell, MA Library (Genealogy Section) at Life From the Roots
- The Joy of Holding History in Your Hands at A Sense of Family
- Uncle Delbert: The Boys Go to War at Nuts From the Family Tree
- Evil step-mothers and other silly notions at DearMYRTLE’s Genealogy Blog
- Citizens of London: Sgt. Schwartz and WWII at the other Climbing My Family Tree
And a few pictures to share…
Yes, this is an actual picture of me – I’m usually behind the camera instead of in front of it. I went to a military ball last weekend – one perk to having a husband in the Army. How many women can get all dressed up for a formal ball once a year?
Anyway, I was going to slip quietly out of the house without a picture. My oldest daughter had something to say about that though. She actually said “Mom, someday you’ll be gone and I won’t have any pictures of you!” How true!! I suppose I need to get in front of the camera a bit more, for the sake of my children and descendants.
I had the opportunity to take some pictures at a wonderful local cookie shop this past week. Here are a couple of my favorites. They’re almost too beautiful to eat. Almost.