Well, this past week we found out that we won’t be moving this June. We’ll be staying in El Paso for another couple of years. At first I was crushed (I had dreams of moving to Germany or somewhere close to a beach), but I’ve gotten over it. El Paso isn’t my dream town, but I can make do and be happy here for a while. I’ve joined the local genealogy society and I’m now planning on going to the NGS Conference in Las Vegas in 2013 since I’ll be close enough to drive. Las Vegas and genealogy? Sounds like a blast to me!!
I haven’t meant to be so quiet here on the blog, but life just happened. We’re finishing up our homeschooling year and my husband is finishing up the Academy, which means tons of get-togethers before everyone moves. I’ve made so many good friends this past year and it’s going to be hard to say goodbye to them. I’m so thankful for Facebook and technology so that we can easily keep in touch.
Well, on to some of my favorite finds from this week…
- Jaisa over at Creative Gene put together a nice scrapbook video of her family in the 1940’s.
- I enjoyed Minding Manners in Ireland over at Irish Genealogy. I’d like to take a trip there someday and would hate to be rude!
- Randy of Genea-Musings found the bride of Frankenstein.
- Read about the status of Geneabloggers Radio.
- Traits from our Ancestors at Leaves for Trees.
- Lullabies at Geniaus.
- It Was Ironing Day, the Day the Census Taker Came at My Ancestors and Me.
And a few pictures from this past week…