What a week! I have enjoyed hearing about everyone’s census finds. I haven’t had a whole lot of luck yet, but that’s simply because I have no idea where most of my ancestors were living in 1940. I have managed to index a few pages and will try to continue to do at least one or two a day. I’m thinking about training a kid or two to index.
My favorite finds from this week:
- Found the McCarrys in 1940 at Touching Family History
- I found them in 1940 and I still don’t know the answer at Begin With ‘Craft’
- A Pension File Reveals a Family Tragedy at Family Tree Firsts
- Princess Diaries: Looking for Ancestors in the 1940 Census at The Family Curator
- A musician’s lopped off fingers at Family Archaeologist
- Carnival of Genealogy, 116th Edition at Creative Gene
- Wordless (nearly) Wednesday: I’m in the 1940 Census at Dr. Bill Tells Ancestor Stories
- One Entire Year! at Up in the Tree (Happy Blogiversary!!)
- The Opal Ring at Heritage Zen
And I honestly don’t have any pictures to share this week. I’ve been too busy to take any!! I plan to remedy that next week though.