I am so ready for some down time (and genealogy is my down time)! I just finished up a spouses’ leadership development course, which was every night from 5-10 for two weeks. It severely cut into my evening computer time, but it was well worth the sacrifice. I also just finished my first ever marathon (walking, not running) this past weekend and am still recovering. I have managed a bit of blog reading this week – some of it on my phone. I just love technology. 🙂
Everyone is talking about the upcoming release of the 1940 census, so many of my favorite posts this week revolve around that:
- My 1940 U.S. Census Expectations at Genea-Musings
- Find Your Family in the 1940 Census infographic on Archives.com
- This week’s Geneabloggers Radio show is of course about the 1940 census!!
- Sins of the Father at Curbow-Montoya Family
- Dear Genetic Cousin at The Legal Genealogist
- Happy Birthday Girl Scouts! at Nutfield Genealogy
- A couple of new blogs I started following this week: Hummingbird on Her Hand, Sassy Genealogist, and Colleen and Jeff’s Roots
And a few pictures from this past week…
This is at about mile 8 of the Bataan Memorial Death March, I think. I was still happy and carefree. 🙂
And at mile 26 I was so happy to be only .2 of a mile from the finish line!!