I have had a very busy couple of weeks. We took a great vacation around Arizona and hit many National Parks – so much fun!! I’m currently taking a spouses’ leadership development course (ie. how to be a Sergeant Major’s wife) which is every night from 5-10 for a couple of weeks. It has been making for some long days. Oh, and I’m going to be walking my first marathon this weekend – the Bataan Memorial Death March at White Sands Missile Range. Whew!!
Before I go on to my favorite posts, I want to mention that Google Friend Connect is no longer working with WordPress blogs. And I have a WordPress blog. That means that if you had me in your reader through this service, then I’m no longer there. :( Please add me again!!
On to some of my favorite finds…
- Never Make Love in a Buggy. Sounds like good advice. I’d never heard of this little ditty before, which was posted over at A Hundred Years Ago.
- I’m excited about the new series premiering this weekend on PBS – Finding Your Roots. If only I was going to be at home when it aired. I wonder if it will be available online afterwards. I will have to check and see.
- I was interested to see the new genealogy textbooks for kids by Jennifer Holik available from Generations. I would love to try them out with my own kids in our homeschool and I’ve often thought that I might like to teach a family history class in our homeschool co-op. It would be nice to have a textbook to use in class rather than coming up with my own materials. I think it’s so important to include family history along with world history in a child’s education.
- There are some interesting GeneaWebinars coming up this week. I would really like to take the one entitled Juggling Complex Projects While Staying on Track and maybe The Pursuit from Genealogy Hobbyist to Professional.
- I love seeing how much places have changed (or stayed the same over years). Karen at Ancestor Soup posted an old and new house picture on her blog.
- I have a lot of ancestors of Irish descent, so I found Seeking the Flock of St. Patrick over at Catholic Gene to be a very informative post!
- Who Do You Think You Are? is on tonight! I love Helen Hunt, so I’m looking forward to this episode.
- There won’t be any Geneabloggers radio tonight – taking a week off for spring break. Good, because it will give me a chance to get caught up on my podcasts.
- The Masterpiece over at Family Archaeologist is a great read.
- A very happy blogiversary to Debi Austen over at Who Knew? Love the birthday cake pictures.
Some pictures from this past week: