I have to admit that I got less genealogy reading done this week than normal. The kids started back to school this past Monday and since I’m the teacher (we homeschool), I’ve had less free time. I’m hoping to get caught up this weekend (which is a 4-day for us!)
That being said, I still have a few favorite finds from this past week:
- Cynthia of Heritage Zen had some great photo advice in her post More Than Meets The Eye.
- I enjoyed DNA and Paranoia over at The Legal Genealogist.
- Linda Gartz of Family Archaeologist never disappoints with her stories, this week it’s War and Bigotry.
- Nancy of My Ancestors and Me listed some great resources if your ancestors were miners. I haven’t come across any of mine that were, but I still find it interesting.
- Ginger had a great post entitled Determining No. of Acres of a Land Grant in the State Land States. I have a stack full of land records I’m starting to transcribe, so I found this to be great information! Head over to Genealogy by Ginger’s Blog to read it.
And of course some pictures from my adventures. This week, some friends and I grabbed our cameras and took a walk around downtown El Paso. It was interesting!!