Another great week. I had a woman send me a picture of my grandma from 1941, which I had never seen before. I will be sharing that tomorrow. 🙂
Here are a few of my favorite finds from this past week…
- Scientists Discover Virus Responsible for Genea-Skankery. Hil-ar-ious. Head over to Clue Wagon to read the article. 🙂
- Head over to Creative Gene to read everyone’s submissions for the 11oth Carnival of Genealogy: Which type of tree best represents your family tree? Get your submissions in by November 1st for the next edition: Autumn Weddings.
- This week’s edition of Geneabloggers Radio is “Ethnic Genealogy“, hosted by Angela Walton-Raji. I’m not sure if I’m going to make this one, because we’re taking a trip to New Mexico that day.
- I love vintage postcards, because they can give us a snapshot into the past. Debi over at Who Knew? posted a beautiful old postcard of Alvarado Street in Monterey, CA – one of my favorite places ever. 🙂
- I would love to take a cruise someday, especially a genealogy cruise. Heather Rojo posted about her time on the Legacy Cruise over at Nutfield Genealogy. I admit that I’m jealous.
- Thank you Cherie for finally enlightening us on how you fix your old photos so well. I am constantly photoshopping the pictures I take (see below) but I (for some strange reason) never touch the old ones. Head over to Have You Seen My Roots? for some photo editing tips.
- Give a big congrats to Lisa over at Are You My Cousin? She published a book about her great-grandmother! How inspiring!!
And a few pictures from this week…