Another week bites the dust! It seems like we were busy all week – Girl Scouts, a field trip to a Texas ranch, lunch at a friend’s house, a trip to the art museum, sangria with the gals down the street, school work (of course), and a couple of meetings. My husband is begging for a quiet weekend without any parties or functions of any kind. I think that I could use that too!
- I”ve enjoyed all of the diary entries on Sheryl’s site – A Hundred Years Ago. I especially enjoyed Mother’s 49th Birthday- She’s Getting Old. I really, really, really, really, really wish that I had a diary belonging to one of my ancestors. Maybe one is molding away in some musty attic somewhere. I just hope that someday it makes its way into my hands.
- Oh my goodness. You need to go read Karen’s posts at Ancestor Soup about the ugliest baby doll ever. I would be frightened to carry this around as a kid! Here are part one and part two of the ugly baby story.
- The August Scanfest will take place on August 28th from 11-2 Pacific time over at AnceStories. I still have yet to join in on one of these, but I really want to!!
- On August 31st there is a Postcard Bonanza over at Are You My Cousin? I have one I am planning on sharing.
- Happy Blogiversary to Marian over at the other Climbing My Family Tree – 3 great years of posts! And Cheryl over at Heritage Happens is celebrating 3 years also! Jo over at Images Past also celebrated a blogiversary last week. Congrats to you all!
- Don’t miss the Geneabloggers Radio “Back to School” special tonight!! It looks like it’s going to be a great one.
- I loved Susan’s post over at Nolichucky Roots entitled For one to be named later. We have some different names, but I don’t know that I have anybody in my family actually named a number!
And a picture from my week: