There was a lot of good genealogy reading out there this week…
- I loved Thomas’ post about getting younger people involved with genealogy. I am forever thankful that I started when I was 23. Twelve years later and I”m still considered relatively young in the genealogy world. :) I am very enthusiastic about getting younger people interested and involved in family history research. How old were you when you started??
- Have you ever seen a photo like this before? Shelley over at A Sense of Family has a very interesting, colorful photo she’s trying to identify.
- Yes, Cherie from Have You Seen My Roots? is extremely lucky to have been given a scrapbook filled with newspaper clippings. Why didn’t anyone in my family do that??
- I loved Heather Roelker’s post (Not My) Treasure Chest Thursday: “The Bride’s Book” for Betty and Charles. I always love looking at old photo albums in antique stores also – even if they have no connection to me. I feel like they are a mystery waiting to be solved.
- Do you have a list of favorite names of your ancestors? Colleen over at Leaves & Branches posted some of hers. I personally always love it when one of my ancestors has an UNUSUAL name. It makes life so much easier. I can’t say that John Robertson or John Edwards or Thomas Woods are among my favorites, that’s for sure.I I think that my personal favorite is Nicanor Gonzalo Sanchez-Tereso. He actually lived in Germany for a number of years. Sanchez-Tereso’s in Germany are going to be much easier to find than Schmidts or Beckers. :) What are some of your favorite names or your ancestors?
- Susan over at Nolichucky Roots got to do some research in the National Archives. I’m so jealous! I was glad to hear about her experience – because I will make it there someday!
- Head over to The Accidental Genealogist and wish Lisa a very happy 5th Blogiversary. Yes, I said fifth!!!
- I’m sure many of you read 7 Reasons The Zombie Apocalypse Would Be Good for Genealogists over at Clue Wagon. Hilarious and oh so true! If you didn’t read it yet, click over there for a good laugh.
I hope that everyone has a very wonderful, relaxing Fourth of July weekend. Happy Hunting!!