One week before the NGS Conference starts, all of my worldly possessions will be packed up and shipped to El Paso. I will be “homeless” until we get our new home in Texas. I’ve decided that I need to come up with a checklist for what I need at the conference, otherwise it might get packed up!!
Here are some of the things on my list (besides the obvious clothes and toiletries):
- My computer (although I’m not sure if I want to lug it around during the conference or simply use it in the evening in the hotel).
- My phone and charger (and hopefully I can remember to actually charge my phone. I’m so horrible at that.)
- Snacks and drinks.
- “Business cards” (even though I don’t have a business) I thought it would be handy to share contact info with long lost cousins, fellow bloggers, and other cool people I might meet that week. Have any of you done this before?
- A printed syllabus of the classes I’m planning on taking
- Pens and paper to take notes.
- Enough money to buy a Flip Pal. I’m totally getting one.
- My daughter. She’s going to be attending with me. I have plans to make her my minion. I’m not sure she knows this yet. 🙂
- My family tree info (on my computer of course). I think I might carry it on a flash drive too.
- Comfy shoes
Any other suggestions from you seasoned veterans out there?? What’s in your suitcase? What are the must haves?