I survived Disney World with the kids again this week. Phew! It was fun, but absolutely exhausting. (Here are my youngest 3 kids with Buzz)
I’m happy to be back home, on my comfy couch, catching up on my blog reading.
Here’s my list of great posts I found this week:
- This week marked the 150th anniversary of the start of the Civil War. Bill West challenged us to write a post about our Civil War ancestors and many people joined in. His post “The Civil War Genealogy Blog Challenge” is a great place to find some Civil War reads!
- I enjoyed ” Maritime Monday: John Clifton Brannon” on A Few Nuts From the Tree. I loved the newspaper article she found about the bride’s father’s reaction to their wedding. I don’t think they were ever eating Thanksgiving dinner together.
- Vickie at Be Not Forgot posted a lovely printable kinship chart in her post “Tech Tuesday: Kinship Chart“.
- I loved Judy of Curbow-Montoya Family’s post on “Ancestor Envy“. I like to convert people too.
- Cheryl Palmer of Heritage Happens continued her series on the Great Swedish Adventure. I can’t wait to see if she gets on the show! Good luck Cheryl!!!
- If you haven’t done it yet, make your blog mobile. A lot of us blog readers are nerds with smart phones and we like to read on the go. Head over to the Find My Ancestors Blog to the post “Mobile Monday: More Mobile Friendly Blogs” to find out how.
- Heather from Nutfield Genealogy was surprised to learn that the National Archives read her blog post.You never know who is reading your blog!