I survived Disney World with the kids again this week. Phew! It was fun, but absolutely exhausting. (Here are my youngest 3 kids with Buzz)
I’m happy to be back home, on my comfy couch, catching up on my blog reading.
Here’s my list of great posts I found this week:
- This week marked the 150th anniversary of the start of the Civil War. Bill West challenged us to write a post about our Civil War ancestors and many people joined in. His post “The Civil War Genealogy Blog Challenge” is a great place to find some Civil War reads!
- I enjoyed ” Maritime Monday: John Clifton Brannon” on A Few Nuts From the Tree. I loved the newspaper article she found about the bride’s father’s reaction to their wedding. I don’t think they were ever eating Thanksgiving dinner together.
- Vickie at Be Not Forgot posted a lovely printable kinship chart in her post “Tech Tuesday: Kinship Chart“.
- I loved Judy of Curbow-Montoya Family’s post on “Ancestor Envy“. I like to convert people too.
- Cheryl Palmer of Heritage Happens continued her series on the Great Swedish Adventure. I can’t wait to see if she gets on the show! Good luck Cheryl!!!
- If you haven’t done it yet, make your blog mobile. A lot of us blog readers are nerds with smart phones and we like to read on the go. :) Head over to the Find My Ancestors Blog to the post “Mobile Monday: More Mobile Friendly Blogs” to find out how.
- Heather from Nutfield Genealogy was surprised to learn that the National Archives read her blog post.You never know who is reading your blog!