This week’s favorite posts:
- We’ve all seen some pretty bad spelling as we read through old documents. I’ve never personally come across a Dorset accent though. Wow. Check out Caroline’s post A Strong Dorset Accent at Caro’s Family Chronicles. I won’t complain about spelling ever again!
- I was so excited to read Those Places Thursday: Down on the Edwardian Farm over on Hibbitt Family History Blog. I am a nerd and I love PBS/BBC shows. I watched 1900 House and Frontier House and Colonial House and Texas Ranch House. I think I watched one about WWII in England also. I really don’t watch as much TV as it sounds. I actually don’t even have cable/satellite. Anyway, apparently there is another show that I now need to watch – Edwardian Farm! Now I just need to figure out how to watch it, since I don’t get BBC Two.
- I have to mention Wendy’s post Wedding Wednesday: Milton Price Brittain & Nancy Garriott. I love reading posts about my own ancestors. 🙂 I am descended through Milton & Nancy’s daughter Mathilda Jane Brittain.
- Cherie at Have You Seen My Roots? makes me so jealous with her seemingly neverending collection of funeral cards. Her latest funeral post is A Double Rosbeck Whammy
- I loved Jo’s post Sports Center Saturday – NO SPEEDOS! at Images Past. She has some wonderful old photos and a great sense of humor. 🙂